Published: Monday, 20 May 2019 08:36
Just a few things to be aware of as we look to the coming months:
The Church House Review is being published today. Please do pray for all who work at Church House Guildford at this exciting but challenging time, especially those who are most adversely affected by the changes we are making.
The publication means that we are now able to advertise for three senior roles in the diocese:
- The Archdeacon of Dorking (with news of Paul Bryer’s move to Cornwall),
- The Director of Mission (drawing three of the previous Church House teams into one) and
- The Diocesan Director of Ordinands (with news of William Challis’ retirement in the summer).
Confidence is our particular theme for this term (as in ‘prayerful, confident disciples in daily life’) and will be the focus of our next Transforming Church magazine. Just to reiterate a number of events through which we will be highlighting this area:
- Thy Kingdom Come this year will culminate in a Festival based at the Cathedral from 4pm on Pentecost Sunday (June 9th), complete with food stalls, music and dance (bring a picnic). There will then be a service of celebration starting at 6pm and a half night of prayer from 7-11pm, as we pray for a greater confidence in sharing our faith.
- There are two major conferences open to all in the subsequent weeks: St Paul’s Howell Hill are hosting one entitled Reasons to Believe on Saturday, 15th June, focussing on Christian apologetics; while St Saviour’s Guildford will be hosting another on Following in the Footsteps of Jesus on Saturday, 13thJuly, learning lessons about confident discipleship from the global church. Do sign up to either or both via our diocesan website, and bring a party along.
And finally, we much look forward to hosting many of you during Tent Week this year; and Bishop Jo has asked me to highlight a great opportunity to work off the Easter chocolate: the Guildford Triathlon, for which she is recruiting more members by the day. Do check it out
With my prayers for you and yours,
The Diocese of Guildford, Church of England